The rose 🌹 is for many people the most beautiful flower in the world. They have a nice fragrance and you can find them in many different colors. Today, I’ll share with you this free pattern of these tiny roses that can embellish many of your crochet or knitting projects.
This crocheted roses can be used to give that little touch of cuteness to many different things. I made two for this pair of basic clips because I love the look of flowers in the girls hair. But I used them to embellish a hair band for an amigurumi I made too. You can add to a little baby cardigan or dress. Your imagination is the limit. Next, the materials list and the pattern.
- Crochet thread 10 in the color of your choice, you can use scrap thread. If you want to make it bigger use a thicker cotton yarn.
- Size 9 / 1.40 mm steel crochet hook; or the right size for your yarn.
- A darning needle.
- Hot glue (optional because I saw my roses to the hair clips).
- Two hair clips.
Note: if you want to modify the starting chain crochet a number of stitches multiple of 4 + 1.
Abbreviations (american terms):
- Ch: chain.
- Sc: single crochet.
- Hdc: half double crochet.
- Dc: double crochet.
- St: stitch.
- 43 ch.
- Hdc in the 3rd st from the hook, *4 hdc, inc. Repeat from * until there is only one st left, hdc, ch, turn.
- Sc, skip 1, 5 dc, skip 1, * sc, skip 1, 5 dc, skip 1; repeat from *. Leave a long yarn tail and cut it off. In this moment you should have something like this…
Now roll your crocheted piece like this…
Now you have to sew a few stitches in the bottom of your rose. Use the thread tail to do this…
You can crochet a couple of leaves (this is totally optional).
To make my leaves: 10 ch, sc in the 2nd ch from hook, 2 hdc, dc, treble crochet, dc, 2 hdc, 4 sc in the next stitch, 2 hdc, dc, treble, dc, 2 hdc, sc. Leave a long thread tail before cutting it.
Sew the leaves (optional) to your rose…
Apply some hot glue (or sew) the rose on top of the hair clip and that’s it!
I hope you you enjoy making your roses! Make one, two or all you want to add a special touch to your project. And if you make this hair clips your little princess or you can enjoy everyday and look beautiful!
See you soon, love,